- You can sync your Google Calendar to the Outlook desktop app for Mac by adding your Google account and PC by importing your calendar.
- You can also sync your Google Calendar to your Outlook.com account.
- If you have a paid G Suite account, you can use the G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook tool.
- Outlook can automatically sync with a Google Calendar when you use Outlook on mobile devices for iOS and Android operating systems.
If you use Outlook and Google calendars to manage your life, syncing them is critical to avoiding conflicts and ensuring you don't miss planned events or calls.
How you add a Google Calendar to your Outlook account depends on what platform you're using. You can import your calendar, add your entire Google account to your Microsoft desktop app, or add a calendar while logged into your Outlook account.
If you want to sync your Google Calendar to Outlook, here are three ways to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Microsoft Office (From $149.99 at Best Buy)
In the Import a File box, browse to choose the.csv file you saved your Gmail contacts to. Choose how you want Outlook to handle duplicate contacts Next. In the Select a destination folder box, scroll to the top if needed and select the Contacts folder Next. I work with several computers and having my email sync on all of them is a must, is the main reason I use gmail, since it stores all my messages, but when I am using a desktop app like outlook I can not sync contacts, and having multiple address books on multiple devices can become messy, is any way I can sync my contacts just like I do my email? In the left column, click Contacts. At the top of the contacts section, click More actions, and then click Export. Under Which contacts do you want to export, click a contact group or All Contacts). Under Which export format, click Outlook CSV (for importing into Outlook or another application). How to sync Gmail contacts.Synchronizing your email client's address book with an online service is really a great idea, not only because this way you have the names of friends and colleagues always at hand (on all devices) but also because, from this way one Backup of your contacts is constantly created to be used in any eventuality.
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to sync your Google Calendar on Outlook.com
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. In the left-hand column, hover over the calendar you want to add to Outlook.
3. Click the three dots beside the calendar.
4. Select 'Settings and sharing.'© Abbey White/Business Insider You can only add one Google Calendar to Outlook at a time, though you can sync as many as you want. Abbey White/Business Insider
5. On the Settings page, scroll to the 'Integrate calendar' section
6. Copy the 'Secret address in iCal format' link.© Abbey White/Business Insider This link will be pasted into Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
7. Log in to Outlook.com and click the calendar icon in the left sidebar.© Abbey White/Business Insider This icon will be to the left of your Inbox folders list. Abbey White/Business Insider
8. Click 'Add calendar.'
9. Choose 'Subscribe from the web' in the left-hand column.
10. Paste the 'Secret address in iCal format' link.
11. Title the calendar and then click 'Import.'© Abbey White/Business Insider If you don't title the calendar you won't be able to import it. Abbey White/Business Insider
How to sync your Google Calendar on Outlook for Windows
1. Go to https://calendar.google.com.
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper-right.© Abbey White/Business Insider You can find this option in the upper-right next to your profile icon and the month dropdown. Abbey White/Business Insider
3. Select 'Settings' from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Choose 'Import & Export' in the left sidebar.
5. Select 'Export' to download a zipped .ics file of your Calendar content.© Abbey White/Business Insider A downloading link should appear at the bottom of your browser screen. Abbey White/Business Insider
6. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
7. Click 'File' in the upper menu bar.
8. Select Open & Export from the left sidebar.
9. Click the 'Import/Export' option.© Abbey White/Business Insider The third icon down features green and blue arrows. Abbey White/Business Insider
10. In the pop-up window that appears, click 'Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)' before selecting 'Next.'© Abbey White/Business Insider This is the file format that matches your Google Calendar download. Abbey White/Business Insider
11. In the file window, locate and select the zipped folder you downloaded for Google Calendar before clicking 'Open.'
12. Choose 'Import' in the window that appears to bring your Google Calendar items into your Microsoft Calendar. You can also choose to create a new calendar in Outlook.© Abbey White/Business Insider Your Google Calendar will not be visible in Microsoft Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
How to sync your Google Calendar on Outlook for Mac
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook.
Sync Gmail Address Book With Outlook Account
2. Click on 'Outlook' in the top toolbar.
3. Select 'Preferences' from the drop-down menu.© Abbey White/Business Insider This option will be directly beneath 'About Outlook.' Abbey White/Business Insider
4. Choose 'Accounts.'© Abbey White/Business Insider This section stores all the accounts you have connected to Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
5. Click on the '+' icon at the bottom of the left sidebar.© Abbey White/Business Insider This will let you add or create a new account. Abbey White/Business Insider
6. Select 'New Account.'
7. In the login window that appears, enter the Gmail account associated with the Google Calendar you want to sync then press 'Continue.'© Abbey White/Business Insider The email doesn't have to be associated with Microsoft Outlook. Abbey White/Business Insider
Sync My Gmail To Outlook
8. Choose 'Continue' to authorize your Gmail account to be synced to the Microsoft Cloud.
9. A new browser window will open with a list of your Google Accounts. Select the email account you want to sync to Outlook.© Abbey White/Business Insider Choose the Google account you want to sync. Abbey White/Business Insider
1o. On the next page, click 'Allow' to authorize Microsoft Apps & Services to have access to your Google Calendar.
Sync Outlook Contacts With Gmail
11. Select 'Open Microsoft Account' in the pop-up window that appears.
Sync Gmail Contacts With Outlook 2016
12. Click 'Done' after your account has been added.
Sync Gmail Address Book With Outlook Mail
13. Click the Calendar icon at the bottom of Outlook's left sidebar to see your Google Calendar events in your Microsoft Calendar.