The first video in a series of OpenToonz tutorials. In this video we get started by setting up our workspace and then go over the basics of using OpenToonz.T. Almost four years have passed since the PVS-Studio team checked the OpenToonz source code. This project is a very powerful tool for creating two-dimensional animation. Since the last check, with its help, such animated works as Mary and the Witch Flower, Ba. OpenToonz is a free 2D animation software. Sequence number scanning can be conducted efficiently according to in-between animation numbers. Compatible with 4 types of scanning (black-and-white, colored, with or without binarization).
GTS, a scanning tool developed by Studio Ghibli
- Sequence number scanning can be conducted efficiently according to in between animation numbers.
- Compatible with 4 types of scanning.
(black & white, colored, with or without binarization)
- The settings for scanning can be saved. Processes can be reproduced when some cuts are rescanned.
- Compatible with the TWAIN standards
- Anti-aliased lines can be used.
- Since the data of paintings are independent of those of the palette, it is easy to paint with provisional colors.
- Smooth operations even with high definition image data.
- Both an xsheet and a timeline interfaces available.
- Effects can be synthesized easily with the GUI using the node tree.
- Images can be handled with the real scale considering resolution [dpi] (units, such as millimeter, are specified).
- It is possible to use more effects by using plug-ins.
- Compatible with both raster and vector images
- Interconversion between the sequence image of the colored binarized TGA and the OpenToonz format, to ensure compatibility with your existing workflow.
- Localized Japanese version available.