Purchasing a Nintendo Switch Online family membership provides the Nintendo Switch Online service to everyone in the purchaser’s Nintendo Account family group (up to 8 Nintendo Account users).
Nintendo Online Family Plan
Nintendo Online Gamecube
You can enjoy a 7-day free trial of the Nintendo Switch Online paid membership service! In Nintendo eShop, select the Nintendo Switch Online option on the left navigation to activate your free trial. Please note: one free trial period available per Nintendo Account. During the free trial, you can use the online play, voice chat via the smartphone app, Save Data Cloud and Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online services.
Nintendo Online Membership
- A Nintendo Account and active Nintendo Switch Online paid membership is required to use the service. The service cannot be used by account users who are under 13 years old. To set restrictions for the Nintendo Switch Online app, please refer to your smartphone or tablet settings.
- Play free online mini-games and create crafts with your favorite Nintendo characters. Memory games, matching games, and more at Play Nintendo – a fun place for kids.
- Purchasing a Nintendo Switch Online family membership provides the Nintendo Switch Online service to everyone in the purchaser’s Nintendo Account family group (up to 8 Nintendo Account users). Family memberships can be purchased by anyone aged 18+.
- Family memberships can be purchased by anyone aged 18+.
- Family memberships can include members with Nintendo Accounts with different country settings, but keep in mind that not all features of the Nintendo Switch online service are available in all countries.
- Players using a family membership can access the Nintendo Switch Online service via the same Nintendo Switch system or multiple systems – everyone does not have to use the same system.
- Multiple users on the same console are not automatically covered by a family membership. If one player purchases a family membership, the others will still need to be added to the family group to use the service.
- The Nintendo Switch Online membership will automatically apply to everyone in the family group, including people that are added to the group later.
- The purchaser does not have to be the account admin for the group. However, only the account admin for the family group can add or remove people from the group.
- If the person that purchased the family membership leaves the family group, the other members of the family group can no longer use the features of the Nintendo Switch Online service (including Save Data Cloud backup) until they become a member again.
- If a person that did not purchase the family membership leaves the family group, they will no longer be covered by the service.
- Nintendo Accounts covered by a family membership cannot purchase or redeem a code for an individual membership.
- Family memberships cannot be combined with individual memberships to extend the membership term.
- If someone with an individual membership joins a group with a family membership, they will receive the service for the length of time that is longest – they will not receive both time-frames total.
- If you are added to someone else’s family membership, make sure to adjust your auto-renewal settings appropriately.