Download Messenger for Windows now from Softonic: 100% safe and virus free. More than 17959 downloads this month. Download Messenger latest version 20. Download Messenger for Windows now from Softonic: 100% safe and virus free. More than 17959 downloads this month. Download Messenger latest version 20.
It is a full-featured server-less instant messenger for LAN. We've concentrated on making your work with it as easy and convenient as possible.
That is why we've added flexible contact list, templates to customize the messages, ability to send attached files, choose font size like in Internet Explorer, send message to multiple recipients, send common reply with just two mouse clicks, automatic replies and so on.
The program has an impressive set of options, which allow you to fully adapt the program to your needs.
Features and highlights
- Command Line and DLL Interfaces
- File transfer
- Serverless messaging
- Emoticon support
- Easy installation
- No Internet Connection required
LAN Messenger 5.5 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCsThis download is licensed as shareware for the Windows operating system from instant messaging software and can be used as a free trial until the trial period ends (after 30 days). The Winpopup LAN Messenger 5.5 demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions and is not necessarily the full version of this software.
Lan Messenger GithubFiled under:
- LAN Messenger Download
- LAN Messenging Software
A LAN Messenger is an instant messaging program for computers designed for use within a single local area network (LAN).
Many LAN Messengers offer basics functionality for sending private messages, file transfer, chatrooms and graphical smileys. The advantage of using a simple LAN messenger over a normal instant messenger is that no active Internet connection or central server is required, and only people inside the firewall will have access to the system.
A precursor of LAN Messengers is the Unixtalk command, and similar facilities on earlier systems, which enabled multiple users on one host system to directly talk with each other. At the time, computers were usually shared between multiple users, who accessed them through serial or telephone lines.
Lan Messenger Download
Novell NetWare featured a trivial person-to-person chat program for DOS, which used the [IPX/SPX] protocol suite. NetWare for Windows also included broadcast and targeted messages similar to WinPopup and the Windows Messenger service.
On Windows, WinPopup was a small utility included with Windows 3.11. WinPopup uses SMB/NetBIOS protocol and was intended to receive and send short text messages.
Windows NT/2000/XP improves upon this with Windows Messenger service, a Windows service compatible to WinPopup. On systems where this service is running, the received messages 'pop up' as simple message boxes. Any software compatible with WinPopup, like the console utility NET SEND, can send such messages. However, due to security concerns, by default, the messenger service is off in Windows XP SP2 and blocked by Windows XP's firewall.
On Apple's Mac OS X-based computers, the iChat program has allowed LAN messaging over the Bonjour protocol since 2005. The multi-protocol messenger Pidgin has support for the Bonjour protocol, including on Windows.
- ^http://osdir.com/ml/culture.internet.history/2002-12/msg00026.html Origin of 'talk' command
- ^http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137143 WinPopup Utility Not Supported In Windows NT
- ^'Messenger Service window that contains an Internet advertisement appears', microsoft.com
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 2007-03-19. Retrieved 2006-10-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Rendezvous is changing to...
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2009-07-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Pidgin 2.0.2 Release Notes and Changelog
- ^'Can I use Windows Pidgin for Bonjour?', FAQ, pidgin.im
- ^Mahmudin Ashar. 'Use Pidgin for Chatting And Transferring Files on Local Network Without Internet Connection'. Retrieved 8 February 2016.