With charging indicator, real-time prompt charging status. Built-in game card storage slot, can hold 4 large game cards and 1 Micro SD card. Ergonomic design, comfortable grip, combine your left and right Joy-Con into a comfortable and slightly larger controller. Detachable design, two game forms for players to choose.
- Turn your Joy-Con™ controllers into a full-sized controller with the PDP Gaming Joy-Con Charging Grip Plus for Nintendo Switch. Joy-Con controllers dying in the middle of your game? Plug in the included USB cable to charge while you play! Check the charging progress of the Joy-Cons using the individual charging indicators.
- What you get with the Joy-Con charging grip Discussion For those that do not know, the joycon charging grip (the one that doesn't come with the Switch system) MUST be connected to the Switch to charge the joycons, it is not a charge bank-like unit like many people think, I just wanted to put this out to make it clear to people who may be.
Join Transform 2021 this July 12-16. Register for the AI event of the year.
I don’t like wires. They’re coarse and rough and irritating. And they get everywhere. Not like wireless. Wireless is soft and smooth. And it’s also a new charging option for your Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers. Wireless-power company Powercast is launching the Wireless Charging Grip that can recharge the Switch gamepads without having to ever plug in.
The new grip is launching on Amazon this spring. It doesn’t have a price yet, but you can buy Powercast’s PowerSpot charging transmitter now for $99. The grip will require the PowerSpot to get the benefits of wireless charging.
“Powercast has had an exceptionally exciting year partnering with our OEM customers to bring real wireless power solutions to the consumer market,” Powercast chief operating officer Charles Greene, Ph.D. said. “And we’ve had a blast developing our own wirelessly rechargeable consumer product as well.”
Wireless charging is not a new technology, but it is starting to make its way into more devices that people actually use. It works by sending a radio frequency that a receiver efficiently transforms into direct-current electricity. That then gets stored in a battery for later use. But the strength of the signal degrades quickly, so you still need to put the controller within two feet of the transmitter to get a charge.
This technology can potentially work at much greater distances, but that it isn’t viable for energy-intensive devices.
Joy-con Charging Grip Case
Powercast originally debuted the Wireless Charging Grip for Nintendo Switch back in December of 2018. The company intended to launch it before the 2019 holidays. But after a delay, it is not aiming for some time closer to Q2.
Joy-con Charging Grip And Power Cord AdapterGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is 'where passion meets business.' What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
Joy Con Charging GripHow will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and 'open office' events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties