“I bought the latest iPhone and looking for optimum methods to sync my Google contacts with this new device’.
Make sure your Google Account is connected to your iPhone or iPad using SSL, the recommended secure connection. Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings app. Tap Contacts Accounts. Tap your Google account. Switch 'Contacts' on. Tap Account Advanced.
- Use the Cleaner App to Fix Your Duplicate Contact Problem. Update: The below app is no longer available.There are many other apps on the App Store that can do this—just open the App Store on your iPhone and search for “duplicate contacts.”.
- Gmail allows you to sync your iPhone contacts with it and that way you have a safe and secure copy of all of your contacts in your Google account. What’s more, transferring contacts from iPhone to Gmail can be done right from your iOS-based device if that is how you prefer to do the task.
- Here’s how to import iPhone contacts into Gmail. These steps were performed on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 10.3.3. On older versions, don't look for your own icon in the Settings app, just.
It is a common issue for every individual who makes frequent gadget purchase in pace with the evolving technology. It is a hectic procedure to manually feed the contacts and it takes ample time to complete the process. If you have a Google contacts backup then the contacts import to your brand-new gadget is easy. There are two methods to import contacts from Gmail to the iPhone. You can choose the convenient method and successfully import the contacts into your iPhone. Either make use of the built-in settings or go with the sophisticated intermediator iCloud platform. With the help of these methods, you will be able to import Google contacts effortlessly in a precise manner. It is high time to quickly import the contacts and prepare your new iPhone for optimum use.
Effective methods to import Google Contacts to iPhone
There are two efficient ways to import Google Contacts to iPhone. The first method makes use of the built-in settings and the second one uses the virtual storage iCloud to complete this task.
How To Update Contacts In Gmail From Iphone
Method 1: Import Google contacts to iPhone via settings
In the below discussion you will learn how to import contacts from Google to iPhone directly using the settings in the iOS platform. The built-in settings in the iPhone vary with the iOS version. The below method adheres to the iOS 10 version.
Step 1: Unlock your device and go to the ‘Settings’ option. It appears as a gear-like logo and here you have to tap it to work on the Contacts option
Step 2: In the ‘Settings’ platform traverse to ‘Contacts’-> ‘Accounts’-> ‘Add Accounts’.
Step 3: Choose ‘Google’ from the displayed list and then enter the credentials for authorized login.
Step 4: As soon as you signup in your Google account enables the toggle button of ‘Contacts’ to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone.
When you synchronize your Google Contacts with the device then automatically the Google contacts move into the iPhone platform. It is the direct method and simple to carry out.
Method 2: Import Google contacts to iPhone with iCloud
In this method, you will enlighten with the steps on how to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone via iCloud environment. You have to employ the iTunes platform to establish this transfer task. In this technique multiple contacts imports into the device. You must manually remove the multiple contacts from the list.
Step 1: Enter your lock pattern to unlock your gadget and enter into Gmail and hit ‘Google’ -> ‘Contacts’. It is highly recommended to use the old version of Google Contacts because the new version does not support the ‘Export’ option.
Step 2: Next, tap the ‘More’ button and select ‘Export’ -> ‘vCard format’ from the displayed option.
Step 3: In the ‘Export Contacts’ window choose ‘Contacts’ in the top pane and ‘vCard format’ in the lower pane. Next hit ‘Export’ button to trigger the contacts transfer activity.
Step 4: In your iPhone, go to iCloud and sign in to your iTunes account by entering the Apple credentials. Then hit the ‘Contacts’ icon and select ‘import vCard’. The exported contacts from Gmail starts to import into your iPhone gadget effortlessly.
If you find multiple contacts in the list then try to delete it for precise results.
Therefore, you had an informative discussion on how to import contacts from Gmail to the iPhone. The above methods are simple and effective. You can import all the Google Contacts without any loss. The transfer takes place at a rapid rate despite several contacts. It is enough if you make the right clicks to accomplish the task optimally. This type of import is highly recommended than manual transfer which seems to be a time-consuming one. Many professionals recommend syncing your device contacts with Gmail because you may not lose the phone numbers even at the time of the device theft. Later on, you can import the available Google Contacts into your new gadget using the above-discussed technique.
Iphone Contacts To Gmail Account
Set up your contacts account
You can set up your email accounts to share contacts with the Contacts app. If you have a contacts account, like a business or school directory, you can set that up too. Here's how:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap your email account and turn on Contacts. Or tap Other to set up a contacts account, like an LDAP or CardDAV account.
- Enter your information and password.
- Tap Next.
If you have multiple accounts set up in the Contacts app and want to see contacts for a specific one, open Contacts and tap Groups in the upper-left corner.
Turn Contacts on or off for an account
Want to add or remove all of the contacts from an account that you already set up? Just turn Contacts on or off for that account:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap the account that has contacts that you want to add or remove.
- To add contacts, turn on Contacts. To remove contacts, turn off Contacts, then tap Delete from My iPhone.
How To Save Contacts In Gmail From Iphone
Choose a default account to add new contacts
If you set up multiple accounts in the Contacts app, you can choose a default account to add new contacts to. Just go to Settings > Contacts > Default Account and choose an account.
Change how you sort and display contacts
You can choose how to sort your contacts, like alphabetically by first or last name. Just go to Settings > Contacts and choose from the following:
Add Gmail Contacts To Iphone
- Sort Order: Sort your contacts alphabetically by first or last name.
- Display Order: Show contacts' first names before or after last names.
- Short Name: Choose how your contact's name appears in apps like Mail, Messages, Phone, and more.
Delete a contact
When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.
Here's how to delete a contact:
- Open Contacts and tap the contact that you want to delete.
- Tap Edit.
- Scroll Down and tap Delete Contact then tap Delete Contact again to confirm.
How To Download Contacts From Iphone
- If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders don’t update across your devices, get help.
- If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts, learn what to do.
- Add your email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.