“I bought the latest iPhone and looking for optimum methods to sync my Google contacts with this new device’.
It is a common issue for every individual who makes frequent gadget purchase in pace with the evolving technology. It is a hectic procedure to manually feed the contacts and it takes ample time to complete the process. If you have a Google contacts backup then the contacts import to your brand-new gadget is easy. There are two methods to import contacts from Gmail to the iPhone. You can choose the convenient method and successfully import the contacts into your iPhone. Either make use of the built-in settings or go with the sophisticated intermediator iCloud platform. With the help of these methods, you will be able to import Google contacts effortlessly in a precise manner. It is high time to quickly import the contacts and prepare your new iPhone for optimum use.
Tap on the 'check' icon at the top-right. You should now see the Gmail Compose window with all the Contacts included under the To: section. Attach the file and tap on the Send icon.
- See full list on wikihow.com.
- Export Gmail Contacts on Your PC or Mac. Before importing Gmail contacts, you will need to have a copy of your contacts on your computer. The only way to do this is logging in your Google account. So follow the process below to import contacts on your computer.
- Switch 'Contacts' on. At the top, tap Save. To start syncing, open your iPhone or iPad's Contacts app. If you have a work or school Google Account. To make sure you can view details like job titles or work addresses from a company directory, learn how to sync contacts on your work or school device.
Effective methods to import Google Contacts to iPhone
There are two efficient ways to import Google Contacts to iPhone. The first method makes use of the built-in settings and the second one uses the virtual storage iCloud to complete this task.
Method 1: Import Google contacts to iPhone via settings
In the below discussion you will learn how to import contacts from Google to iPhone directly using the settings in the iOS platform. The built-in settings in the iPhone vary with the iOS version. The below method adheres to the iOS 10 version.
Step 1: Unlock your device and go to the ‘Settings’ option. It appears as a gear-like logo and here you have to tap it to work on the Contacts option
Step 2: In the ‘Settings’ platform traverse to ‘Contacts’-> ‘Accounts’-> ‘Add Accounts’.
Step 3: Choose ‘Google’ from the displayed list and then enter the credentials for authorized login.
Step 4: As soon as you signup in your Google account enables the toggle button of ‘Contacts’ to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone.
When you synchronize your Google Contacts with the device then automatically the Google contacts move into the iPhone platform. It is the direct method and simple to carry out.
Method 2: Import Google contacts to iPhone with iCloud
In this method, you will enlighten with the steps on how to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone via iCloud environment. You have to employ the iTunes platform to establish this transfer task. In this technique multiple contacts imports into the device. You must manually remove the multiple contacts from the list.
Step 1: Enter your lock pattern to unlock your gadget and enter into Gmail and hit ‘Google’ -> ‘Contacts’. It is highly recommended to use the old version of Google Contacts because the new version does not support the ‘Export’ option.
Step 2: Next, tap the ‘More’ button and select ‘Export’ -> ‘vCard format’ from the displayed option.
Step 3: In the ‘Export Contacts’ window choose ‘Contacts’ in the top pane and ‘vCard format’ in the lower pane. Next hit ‘Export’ button to trigger the contacts transfer activity.
Step 4: In your iPhone, go to iCloud and sign in to your iTunes account by entering the Apple credentials. Then hit the ‘Contacts’ icon and select ‘import vCard’. The exported contacts from Gmail starts to import into your iPhone gadget effortlessly.
If you find multiple contacts in the list then try to delete it for precise results.
Therefore, you had an informative discussion on how to import contacts from Gmail to the iPhone. The above methods are simple and effective. You can import all the Google Contacts without any loss. The transfer takes place at a rapid rate despite several contacts. It is enough if you make the right clicks to accomplish the task optimally. This type of import is highly recommended than manual transfer which seems to be a time-consuming one. Many professionals recommend syncing your device contacts with Gmail because you may not lose the phone numbers even at the time of the device theft. Later on, you can import the available Google Contacts into your new gadget using the above-discussed technique.
Using multiple accounts due to official work and personal use has become a necessity for every day. Holding different accounts, be it the Outlook account or a Gmail one, leads to the division among the contact lists. In this case, synchronizing the contacts of your account to your device is the perfect way to maximize the management of contacts.
If you are an iPhone user then you must be wondering how to sync Gmail contacts to iPhone or iPad. We have picked 3 best ways to control the top-notch management of your Gmail contacts in your Apple device.
Methods to Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone and iPad
Below are the steadfast methods to get you started with Gmail contacts synchronization on your iPhone or iPad. You are not required to get into much hand-wringing to perform these steps for they are thankfully too easy to waste your time. So let’s take a walkabout that.
Here’s how you can sync contacts from Gmail to iOS devices.
1. How to Sync Contacts from Gmail to iPhone or iPad
To sync contacts from Gmail to your iPhone or iPad, you must follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, navigate yourself to the Passwords & Accounts section.
- In the next step, you have to tap Add Account.
- Tap on Google and then Continue.
- Once you open the Google option, you are required to enter your email Id or your phone number and then hit Next.
- Now, put in your password and again tap Next.
- Now that you are signed in to your account, you have to turn on the Contacts toggle and then hit Save to apply the change.
Note that if you are already signed into your Google account then you only have to turn on the Contacts toggle to sync your Gmail contacts to your device. Once you complete the steps that are mentioned here, all your Gmail contacts will be synchronized with your iPhone or iPad.
If you want to remove or delete the Google account which you have just added, you can simply go back to the Passwords & Accounts settings and remove it.
Read Also: How To Backup Gmail Emails With Attachments
2. How to Import Google Contacts to iPhone with iCloud
With the help of this method, you will learn how to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone via iCloud. In this method, you can transfer multiple contacts from your Gmail account to your iPhone and you can also remove the unrequited ones from the list. Let’s explore the steps that can help you import the Gmail contacts to your iPhone:
- Firstly, you have to open your Gmail and go to Google and then Contacts. Note that the new version of Google Contacts does not offer the Export option so you can perform these steps on its older version.4
- Now, tap the More button and pick the Export option and vCard format from the list of options.
- Next, from the top, you have to select the Contacts option in the Export Contacts window and in the lower pane, you have to select vCard format option.
- Now go to iCloud and enter your Apple credentials to sign in to your iTunes account.
- Then, tap the Contacts icon and select import vCard.
- Now you will see that the exported contacts from your Gmail account begin importing into your iPhone device.
Best Methods To Sync Contacts From Gmail To IPhone And IPad
Read More: How To Schedule Emails in Gmail For Free
3. How to Set Gmail Contacts as Default on iPhone
Here are the steps to set Gmail contacts as default on iPhone. This method is helpful in letting your Gmail contact synchronize on your iPhone or iPad.
Follow these steps to set Gmail contacts as default on your device:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, you have to scroll down and open the contacts option.
How To Access My Gmail Contacts On Iphone
- Tap ion Default Account option which you can locate in the last.
- Select Gmail.
- Once you have selected the Gmail option, it will now be set as the default account. Now, the contacts app will only show those contacts that are synchronized with your Google account.
Read More: How to Backup iPhone Photos to Google Photos
How To Access Gmail Contact Groups On Iphone
[Guide]How To Sync Gmail Contacts To IPhone X/iPhone 8 Easily ...
So there were you getting to know the steps on how to sync Gmail contacts to iPhone or iPad and fortunately, you have found out that this process is not time-consuming and can help you sync your Gmail contacts at the quickest pace.
2 Methods To Import Contacts From Gmail To IPhone
Besides, once the contacts have started syncing in your iPhone or iPad, you can always get rid of the unwanted ones by removing them from the list. If you have anything to add to this list then you are more than welcome in the comment box.