If you do not have a Gmail Account on iPhone, you can follow the steps below to Add your Gmail Account to iPhone, after which you can Sync Contacts to Gmail. Part 4: How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail via iPhone. Sometimes you have duplicates in your Contacts folder. Duplicates can get created when you import a bunch of new contacts into Outlook, and you have existing contacts with the same name or email address. Step 1 Open your iPhone. Turn off unnecessary account syncing. When you connect accounts like iCloud. Today will look at how to import contact information from your Gmail or Google account into your iOS device Contacts App. Don't forget to check out our site.
Set up iCloud Contacts
When you turn on iCloud Contacts, all of the information* stored on separate devices uploads to iCloud. If you turn off iCloud Contacts, your information won't automatically move from iCloud back to your device.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
- Turn on Contacts.
- When you're asked if you want to Merge or Cancel, tap Merge.
All of the information stored in Contacts uploads to iCloud.
On your Mac
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, you don’t need to click Apple ID.
- Click iCloud.
- Select Contacts.
All of the information* stored in Contacts uploads to iCloud.
* If you have contacts information stored On My Mac, that information will not automatically sync. In Contacts, drag a contact from On My Mac to All iCloud, or export your contacts as Vcards, then manually sync with the Finder.
On iCloud.com or iCloud for Windows
After you turn on iCloud Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, your contacts upload to iCloud. You can find and edit your contacts on iCloud.com or in iCloud for Windows. Any changes that you make automatically update on your other devices.
If you turn off iCloud Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, your contacts won't delete from iCloud, they won't update automatically, and any changes you make won't update across your other devices.
How To Get Your Contacts From Gmail To Iphone
Add Contacts from third-party accounts
If you store contacts in a third-party email service, you can add the email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then, check that Contacts is enabled.
If you experience sync-related issues, disable the account.
Use the Finder or iTunes to sync Contacts
If you don’t want to manage your contacts with iCloud, or if you want to do a one-time sync, sync your Contacts manually with the Finder or iTunes.
When you sync with the Finder or iTunes, your information stores locally on your devices. There can be differences in information if you update one of your devices in between syncs. For example, if you delete contacts from your computer after syncing with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the next time you sync with your computer, those contacts will delete from your iOS or iPadOS device, too.
If you have trouble setting up iCloud Contacts
How To Get My Contacts From Gmail To Iphone
- Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS and iPadOS, and your Mac to the latest version of macOS.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
- Set up iCloud on all of your devices. If you have a PC, download iCloud for Windows.
- Make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi or have an active Internet or cellular connection.
- Learn what to do if you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts.
- Get help if your iCloud Contacts won't sync.
Google Contacts (or named Gmail Contacts), is widely used. If you are also using Gmail to backup contacts, you may like to directly import all Gmail contacts to the iPhone once you get the new device.
However, you may never do this job before, so you need a complete guide. Below, we offer you the details of importing contacts from Gmail to the iPhone, with steps and pictures included. And in the end, a video tutorial is also provided to help you better understand how to make it.
This tutorial also applies to import emails, calendars, and notes from Google account to an iPhone or iPad.
How to Import All Your Contacts to iPhone from Gmail
If you have added some favorite contacts to your Gmails account before, now you can follow this tutorial to get them to your newly bought iPhone. The steps might differ from the version of your iOS. And the below example is based on iOS 12, on an iPhone.
Step 1. Unlock your iPhone and open Settings app. After you go to the Passwords & Account section, tap “Add Account”.
Step 2. In Accounts, you can add various cloud contacts, including AOL, Gmail, Outlook, Exchange on your iPhone.
Step 3. After adding Google account to your iPhone, you can enable the Gmail Contacts to your device through Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Gmail.
Notice that it will ask you whether to delete existing contacts on your iPhone. In this case, choose “Keep on My iPhone” to merge Gmail contacts to your iPhone. This tutorial also applies to import Calendar and Notes to iPhone.