This post tells you how to fix the problem of iPhone contacts not showing up in address book, messages, recently calls and FaceTime.
Enable your Contacts to sync to iCloud. Go to on a computer browser and open Contacts. Select your contact or contacts, click on the settings icon, and select Export vCard. Save the file to your computer. Open Google Contacts. Click Import and select the vCard file you saved. Go to Accounts iCloud and turn on Contacts Sync option there All the Gmail contacts will get sync to your iPhone or iPad right after this. #Fix 2: Advanced Method to Sync Gmail Contacts to iPhone If your Google Contacts not syncing to iPhone then, this is another best approach to make contacts sync.
Common iPhone Using Issues
Call & Contacts Problems
Video & Music Problems
iPhone Photo Problems
PhoneRescue – iPhone Contacts Recovery
Contacts are not showing up on your iPhone? PhoneRescue will help you get them back from your device or your iPhone backups. Compatible with iOS 14 and new iPhone 12 series.
Q: “After updating my iPhone X to iOS 13, I found a person’s name was not showing up when receiving a call, and there was only the phone number. After checking the address book, found some contacts were missing silently. ” One of iPhone X users complained about contacts issue on Apple forum.
After updating iOS to a new version, restoring from iTunes/iCloud, or backing up your device, just like the user said above, you might also encounter a similar issue and found contacts not showing up on your iPhone 12 Messages and Phone apps, or even on your FaceTime calling history. Sometimes, this issue can be easily fixed by a simple iPhone restart. But normally we couldn’t easily get through after many tries. So in this post, in order to fix this problem, we offer you some tips that we collected and hope they could be helpful.
In the following parts, we listed several proven tips to fix contacts not showing up on iPhone after iOS update. Before knowing how to fix issues of contacts not showing up on iPhone after the newest iOS update, we need the first figure out why this kind of issue occurs.
Why Contacts Not Showing Up on iPhone after Updating to iOS 14/13
iPhone contacts might not show up if you have accidentally logged in with the wrong cloud credentials or if your groups are switched off. Besides, iTunes syncing errors or iOS glitches can also lead to contact not showing up on iPhone when you’re transferring information between your device and computer.
Why Are Not My Contacts Showing Up on iPhone
Before trying all tips below, you’d better backup your iPhone to iTunes first.
5 Tips to Fix Contacts Not Showing up on iPhone
Now let’s check out how to fix contacts not showing up on iPhone with the following 5 methods.
1. iCloud Contacts.
If you are using iCloud contacts sync, you should make sure that iPhone contacts are syncing with your iCloud correctly. Firstly, you should log in with the correct iCloud account and password, then turn on the iCloud sync by going to Settings > iCloud > Contacts.
If you have turned on your contacts sync and found the contacts still not showing up, you can have a try to turn the sync off and then turn it on to refresh the sync between your device and iCloud. And before you turn it on, you’d better restart your iPhone.
Also Read: How to Fix iPhone Contacts Not Syncing with iCloud >
2. Gmail or other contacts service.
If you are using Gmail or other online contact services, you should turn on them by going to Settings > Contacts > Accounts. Firstly, you should make sure your online contact account is added to the Accounts list. After that, go into the account and turn on Contacts sync.
3. Contacts group.
If you created some contact groups by using iCloud, you can run Contacts app and tap Group on the top left corner to check whether you allow them to show on your iPhone contact list.
4. Restore from iTunes or iCloud.
If you have backed up your iPhone, you can restore your missing contacts from iTunes or iCloud to your device, but this way will erase all of your data and settings on your iPhone, and then put the whole backup to your device.
5. Retrieve Only Contacts from iTunes/iCloud to iPhone Directly.
Some professional iPhone data recovery software enables you to put only contacts from backup to iPhone instead of restoring all backup data to your device.
For example, you can download PhoneRescue to your computer. After connecting your iPhone to this tool, you can easily scan whether there are some missing contacts on your iTunes/iCloud backups. If there are, you can directly transfer them to your iPhone. (Tutorial: How to Restore iPhone Contacts from iTunes Backup)
The Bottom Line
That’s all about how to fix contacts not showing up on iPhone. By reading this guide, we hope you have known why won’t contact showing up on iPhone after updating to new iOS and the tips to fix this problem. If you have other questions about this issue, you can leave your questions in the comments, then we will try our best to help you out.
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Unable to update calendars after iOS 12 update? This guide will show you how to fix iPhone calendar not syncing with iCloud/Gmail/Outlook in iOS 12. You can check the solutions to see if they are working for you.
iPhone Default App Issues
Safari & Calendar Issues
Location Related Issues
iBooks & Maps Issues
Nowadays, more and more businessmen and career staff like to use iPhone Calendar app to make daily schedules and some important upcoming events, let alone those people with poor memory. Calendar plays an important role in their working life. Besides iPhone calendar, you also use other calendar services, such as iCloud calendar, Google calendar, and Exchange calendar, etc. And you must always sync your iPhone calendar with these calendar services. This brings your life a lot of conveniences. However, sometimes, you may come across an annoying issue that is iPhone calendar not syncing at all after iOS 12/11 update. No matter iPhone calendar not syncing with iCloud, not syncing with Gmail, or not syncing with Outlook, which will be very depressing.
This guide is going to share with you some potential methods about how to fix iPhone calendar not syncing with iCloud/Gmail/Outlook in iOS 12. Let’s see it in 3 parts.
Part 1. iPhone Calendar Not Syncing with iCloud
1. Make sure the switch for Calendar is turned ON. You can check this by going to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Calendars.
Make Sure Calendars is Turned On
2. Refresh your iPhone calendar. In the Calendar app, go to Calendars and drag the screen down for a refresh.
3. Reboot your iPhone. Hold down Power & Home button simultaneously.
4. Sync All Events by going to Settings > Calendar > Sync > Tap on All Events.
5. Use AnyTrans to manually sync iPhone calendar to iCloud.
1) Download and Install AnyTrans on your computer, connect your iPhone with USB cable.
2) Go to the category menu > Click More button and select Calendars.
Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod Data with AnyTrans
Note: To let AnyTrans detect your calendar data on your iPhone, you need to disabled Calendar on your iPhone at first.
3) Select the calendar you want to sync and click the Upload button to sync the selected calendar event to iCloud.
Gmail Contacts Not Syncing Outlook
You can also use AnyTrans to sync other kinds of iOS data to iCloud, like photos, notes, contacts, etc. Besides, it even allows you to sync data from one iCloud to another iCloud account directly.
Part 2. iPhone Calendar Not Syncing with Gmail
1. Also check if you enable Calendar on your iPhone. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Google account. Make sure that the Calendars option is enabled.
2. Set up Fetch feature. Go to Settings > Mail > Account > Fetch New Data, tap on your Gmail account and tap on Fetch, you can choose the frequency: Every 15 Minutes, Every 30 Minutes, Hourly or Manually.
3. Set your Gmail calendar as Default calendar. Go to Settings > Calendar > Sync > All Events. Then go back to Calendar, tap on Default Calendar and select Gmail calendar as default.
4. Re-add your Gmail Account. You can remove your Google account from Mail, Contacts, and Calendars, and then re-add it. But notice that if you do this, everything will get reset.
Part 3. iPhone Calendar Not Syncing with Outlook
1. Tyr to install and use Outlook app on your iPhone.
2. Syncing iPhone calendar to Outlook by using iTunes. Disabled Calendars on your iPhone, open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone. Click your device and click “Info” > Click Sync Calendars with and select Outlook.
3. Also try to set the Exchange Calendar as the default calendar on your iPhone.
Icloud Not Syncing In Outlook
4. Well, some users suggest just upgrade to new iPhone. This really works for many users.
The Bottom Line
That’s all for how to fix iPhone calendar not syncing issue after iOS 12 update, if you meet one of these three conditions, you can try out the methods mentioned above. Hope this guide is helpful for you. By the way, when facing iPhone calendar not syncing with iCloud, don’t forget to have a try on AnyTrans.
Gmail Contacts Not Syncing To Icloud
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >