To test the latest developer features of Firefox,
install Firefox Developer EditionFirefox 47 was released on June 6, 2016. This article lists key changes that are useful not only for web developers, but also Firefox and Gecko developers as well as add-on developers.
Mozilla Firefox 64-bit for PC Windows 47.0.1 Released: 21st Apr 2021 (a few seconds ago) Mozilla Firefox 64-bit for PC Windows 47.0 Released: 21st Apr 2021 (a few seconds ago) Mozilla Firefox 64-bit for PC Windows 46.0.1 Released: 21st Apr 2021 (a few seconds ago). Firefox browser, or simply Firefox, is a web browser and Mozilla's flagship software product. It is available in both desktop and mobile versions. It is available in both desktop and mobile versions. Firefox uses the Gecko layout engine to render web pages, which implements current and anticipated web standards.
Changes for Web developers
- The Firefox Add-ons website reports 15.0 million users of AdBlock variants and 2.2 million users of NoScript. Users behind a caching proxy (e.g. Squid ) may have repeat requests for certain pages served to the browser from the cache, rather than retrieving it again via the Internet.
- Firefox 13.0 (Beta 3) is a fast, flexible and secure web browser with a mission: to build a better internet and make web browsing better for you. About Firefox Mozilla Firefox is a free, open source, cross-platform, graphical web browser developed by the Mozilla Corporation and hundreds of volunteers.
- User-agent spoofing from the Responsive mode
- Retaining paths panel in memory tool
- Service workers and Push API debugging
- about:debugging dashboard for workers
- Cached requests are now shown in Network Monitor
- Support for cache storage in Storage Inspector
- Ability to filter Storage Inspector entries
- Console now detects incomplete input and switches multi-line mode
- Updated breakpoint style in Debugger
- Prevent panels from hiding automatically using the Browser Toolbox, to aid browser and add-on debugging
- Font inspector has been disabled by default
- 3D view has been removed
- Developer tools theme refresh
- Disable the Font Panel (bug 1247723).
- Support for the
::backdroppseudo-element has been added (bug 1064843).
- The case-insensitive modifier
[foo=bar i]) for attribute selectors has been implemented (bug 888190).
- An experimental implementation of CSS Mask Image properties landed. For the moment, this will only be available on Nightly versions of Firefox.y: shorthand version of
mask, as well as
mask-sizeare now available (bug 686281).
clip-pathproperty now experimentally supports
circle()on HTML elements (does not support inset() and path()), behind the pref
layout.css.clip-path-shapes.enabledthat defaults to
false(bug 1075457). Interpolation (and therefore animation) of these values is not yet supported.
- Our still experimental grid implementation has been updated:
normalbehaves now as
stretchfor grid containers (bug 1237754).
- The order of column/row values for
grid-gapproperties has been swapped (bug 1251999).
display-modemedia feature is now supported (bug 1104916).
- The value
text-align-lasthas been renamed to
- The new ES2017
Object.entries()methods have been implemented (bug 1232639).
- The deprecated old Proxy API (
Proxy.createFunction) now presents a deprecation warning in the console and will be removed in a future version. Use the standard
Proxyobject instead (bug 892903).
- Support for the deprecated non-standard
replacehas been dropped in non-release builds (bug 1245801).
- As per the new ES2016 specification, the
Proxyenumerate trap for
for...instatements has been removed (bug 1246318).
Array.prototype.lastIndexOf()methods (and their
TypedArrayequivalents) have been updated to never return
-0as per the ECMAScript specification (bug 1242043).
DOM & HTML DOM
Firefox 47.0.1 64 Bit Download
- The property
Document.scrollingElementhas been implemented behind the pref
dom.document.scrollingElement.enabledthat defaults to
IDBKeyRange.includes()method has been implemented (bug 1251498).
Firefox 47 Ftp
Service Worker and related APIs
Request.Request()constructor can now accept a referrer option in its init object (bug 1251448).
Request.referrerPolicyproperty is now supported (bug 1251872).
Service workers and Push have been disabled in the Firefox 45 Extended Support Release (ESR) (bug 1232029).
- Support for the
RTCIceServerdictionary has been updated in keeping with revisions to the WebGL 1.0 specification by adding support for the
credentialTypeproperty. This property is a string which specifies whether the credential is a password or a token. Currently, Firefox only supports
Cache.addAll()now raises a
TypeErrorexception if the response status is not in the
200range (bug 1244764).
- The App installation and management APIs (
navigator.mozApps.*) are no longer exposed to non-Firefox OS platforms (bug 1238576).
- Web Crypto API methods can now use the RSA-PSS cryptographic algorithm (bug 1191936).
- The Permissions API has had the
Permissions.revoke()method added (bug 1197461).
- The Browser API, which extends the functionality of
<iframe>s to allow the creation of frames for displaying web content using HTML — and was previously only available in Firefox OS — is now available to desktop chrome code too (bug 1238160).
- The Notification API's
requestPermission()method has been updated from a callback to a promised-based syntax (bug 1241278).
- The Fullscreen API has been updated to the latest spec and unprefixed. Some methods have been renamed or have seen their capitalization changed (bug 743198). Note that this is behind the
full-screen-api.unprefix.enabledpreference, defaulting to false (bug 1268749).
- Now WAV file with u-law compression encoding can be played(bug 851530).
- Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc. is available via the Encrypted Media Extensions API for use with MP4 (only; see bug 1257716 for EME-with-WebM support) on Windows Vista and later and on Mac OS X enabling migration off Silverlight (bug 1265270).
- The default value of the
Acceptheader for images is now
- URL with the
view-source:protocol don't open the View Source tool anymore when used from a Web page (bug 1172165).
- The Firefox click-to-activate plugin whitelist has been removed: only Flash doesn't need to be clicked to be activated (bug 1263630).
Changes for add-on and Mozilla developers
Firefox 47 64 Bit Download
Tai Firefox 47
Directly from the folks who helped bring you Netscape, Mozilla Firefox is perhaps one of the best 3rd party browsers available for Windows today.
Finding the right browser for your needs may just be a matter of installing Windows. In many cases, IE does exactly what you need; and it's an integral part of the Windows operating system. In some cases, however, IE just doesn't cut it and you need something different. That's one of the reasons why I like Mozilla Firefox. It’s a multiplatform, alternative web browser; and it runs on Windows.
Mozilla Firefox is one of the best 3rd party browsers on the market today. If you have any websites that you always open when you run your browser, you can set them up as App Tabs. Sites like Facebook, Gmail and Twitter automatically open and just a click away. App Tabs are small and can't be closed accidentally.
Organizing often used sites that you don't want opened automatically can be quickly done in Tab Groups. They are great and with Tab Groups you can visually group related tabs, switch between your groups and quickly search through all of them. To create a tab group, click the all tabs button at the far right end of the tab strip and choose Tab Groups.
When you need to find something you've seen before, all you need to do is start typing in Mozilla Firefox Awesome Bar. It remembers everywhere you've been, everything you've searched for and allows you to get to it quickly when you want to go back. The more you use it, the better it gets.
You can further customize Mozilla Firefox with Add-ons. Add-ons are like apps that you install to enhance and expand the browser. You can get add-ons that compare prices, check the weather, change Firefox look, listen to music, or even update your Facebook profile.
App Pro’s: App Tabs, Awesome Bar;
App Con’s: Personas take up memory resources more appropriately spent elsewhere;
Conclusion: If you can't or don't want to use IE, Mozilla Firefox is one of the best alternative browser choices you can make. It's fast, easy to install, easy to update and enhance and is free.