Switch between OS's with bootcamp installed Mac OSX 10. This person is a verified professional. Verify your account to enable IT peers to. If you're in Windows, you can switch to the Mac OS X partition using the Boot Camp icon in the System Tray. Click the gray diamond-shaped icon, and click 'Restart in Mac OS' from the pop-up menu. Then, confirm your choice to reboot to Mac OS X and give the computer about a minute to make the switch.
Boot Camp Control Panel User Guide
After you use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows on your Intel-based Mac, you can set the default operating system to either macOS or Windows. The default operating system is the one you want to use when you turn on or restart your Mac.
Set the default operating system
In Windows on your Mac, click in the right side of the taskbar, click the Boot Camp icon , then choose Boot Camp Control Panel.
If a User Account Control dialog appears, click Yes.
Select the startup disk that has the default operating system you want to use.
If you want to start up using the default operating system now, click Restart. Otherwise, click OK.
You can’t change your startup volume to an external drive while you’re using Windows.
To learn how to change the default operating system using macOS, see Get started with Boot Camp.
Restart in macOS
In Windows on your Mac, do one of the following:
Restart using Startup Manager: Restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Option key. When the Startup Manager window appears, release the Option key, select your macOS startup disk, then press Return.
If you’re using a Mac notebook computer with an external keyboard, make sure you press and hold the Option key on the built-in keyboard.
Restart using Boot Camp Control Panel: Click in the right side of the taskbar, click the Boot Camp icon , then choose Restart in macOS.
This also sets the default operating system to macOS.
For more information about restarting in macOS, see the Apple Support article Restart your Mac in macOS or Windows.
How to start up in macOS from Windows
- From the notification area on the right side of the Windows taskbar, click to show hidden icons.
- Click the Boot Camp icon .
- From the menu shown, choose Restart in macOS.
If you haven't installed the latest Boot Camp updates, you might get the message ”Could not locate the OS X boot volume.'
Or use Startup Manager as your Mac starts up:
- Restart your Mac from the Start menu in Windows.
- Press and hold the Option (or Alt) ⌥ key as your Mac begins to restart.
- Select your Mac startup volume (Macintosh HD) in the Startup Manager window, then press Return or click the up arrow:
How to start up in Windows from macOS
- Use Startup Manager to choose your Windows (Boot Camp) volume during startup.
- Or select your Boot Camp volume in Startup Disk preferences, then restart.
Bootcamp Switch Scroll Direction
Bootcamp Boot Back Into Os X
- If you're having difficulty using VoiceOver or another screen reader to complete these steps, please contact Apple Support.
- Learn how to install Windows 10 on your Mac.