This list will cover the best audio recording software for PC or Laptop users. We have listed the tools for users who are looking for something more advanced, as well as users who are looking for a very basic and simple tool. Whether you are a novice user or looking for sound recording software for your YouTube Channel or a professional sound editor professional, this list is for all.
- Best Recording Software For Gaming
- Download Free Recording Studio Programs
- Best Recording Software For Youtube
- Best Recording Software For Youtube
- Best Recording Software For Pc Free Download
List of Top 12 Audio Recording Software for Windows, macOS, Linux
OBS Studio is professional software built to handle a wide variety of formats and systems. That makes it ideal for gamers that need an all-in-one solution for recording gameplay, and a reason it’s considered one of the best pieces of streaming software on the planet. There are various video recording software available online for Mac, Windows, Google Chrome, and more! However, it can be challenging to pick the best video recording software for your needs with so many options. That’s why we have composed this list of the best video recording software available in 2021. The software also come with video tutorials that help the user to understand the software functions easily and use them for best possible results in terms of recoding quality. Some software like Audacity, allows editing of sounds which make recording task even more interesting. Best Recording Software. Member for 16 years 6 months Submitted by John Stafford on Mon, - 22:59. Mixing & Song Critique. Hi everyone While I'm a satisfied Sonar user for the most part, I've listened to most of the mainstream software out there. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but the demo of Samplitude 7 seems to.
In today’s market, there are many good and free audio recording software available that can be used on Windows 10, 8, 7, macOS and even for Linux OS too. I have provided those tools that can be used to record voice sound on PC and Laptop, here is the list.
Audacity is an audio editing and digital sound recording software. Completely free, this open-source software is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems. Audacity was created in 1999 by Dominic Mazzoni and Roger Dannenberg then launched in May 2000 in version 0.8. From November 2019, it became the most downloaded software on FossHub with more than 80 million downloads since March 2015. Previously, Audacity was downloaded from Google Code and SourceForge, which brings as statistics more than 100 million downloads in total. Audacity won the “SourceForge Community Choice Award for Best Project for Multimedia” in 2007 and 2009. Audacity’s success is no longer to be proven with massive use from the start and multiple records and awards.
- Audacity is exemplary when it comes to offering a simple yet ultra-complete graphical interface for more professional use. The software has managed to find a place on the PCs of many beginners with very specific needs but also on the workstations of freelancers and other audio editing professionals.
- In addition to allowing audio recording from multiple sources, Audacity can be used for post-processing of all types of audio files, which includes podcasts by adding effects such as normalization, trimming and fading. in and out.
- Audacity is also known for allowing the recording of complete music albums like Tune-Yards. It is also used for the English OCR National Level 3 ICT exam in its unit on sound creation.
Download Link: https://www.audacityteam.org/
File Size: 62.5 MB
System Support: Windows, macOS, Linux, and Unix.
Linux MultiMedia Studio or better known as LMMS is free software (GPL licensed) and cross-platform digital audio workstation (available for GNU / Linux, OpenBSD, Microsoft Windows, and Mac OS X). Linux MultiMedia Studio allows you to produce music with your computer. It is an alternative to programs such as FL Studio, Logic Pro or Cubase since it is professional. The application has been designed from scratch to allow users to produce professional music under an open-source GNU / Linux operating system, simply creating and synthesizing sounds, playing live with the keyboard and organizing samples.
Include a song editor to compose audio tracks, a beat and bass editor to generate beats and bass, an easy-to-use piano roll for editing melodies and patterns, as well as complete computer-controlled automation sources and tracks user-defined automation based on.
- A wide range of powerful effects and instruments are integrated into the application, allowing endless possibilities for audio mixing. In addition, it has an effect mixer with 64 effect channels and compatibility with well-known standards, such as VST (i), LADSPA, MIDI, SoundFont2 and GUS patches.
- Most Linux distributions include LMMS in their repositories and in the case of Ubuntu and derivatives it is no exception.
- To install this tool in our system we can do it with the help of our Software Center, Synaptic or from the terminal which we can open with the key combination Ctrl + Alt + T and in it we will type the command.
Download Link: http://lmms.io/
File Size: 33.5 MB
System Support: Windows, macOS, Linux
You may also like to know the free music player for Windows.
Ardour can be termed as an advanced free and open-source digital audio workstation software. It is tailor-made for a new one as well as for the professional musician. It is loaded with features and backed by a huge list of add-ons. Ardour is published under a GNU General Public License 4 but to download it from the project website you need to pay at least one dollar. The advantage of the subscription is that updates are received. This makes Ardor an example of a free software commercial program. In any case, the complete source code and also a demo version can be downloaded at no cost but it is silenced within ten minutes of using the program.
- Supports a wide range of audio interface hardware. Supports PCI, USB, Firewire, network audio.
- True tape transport. Flexible recording with Per-track adjustment of recording modes in layers, without layers or destructive
- No limits on the number of tracks, buses, accessories, inserts or shipments. Non-destructive, non-linear editing with unlimited undo/redo
- Single window edition extract soundtracks
Download Link: https://ardour.org/
System Support: Windows, FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, and
Sometimes we need software that is not as common as one might suppose, and although it may not seem so in the vast majority of cases, we can find alternatives to closed source in GNU / Linux, which will more than meet our needs. Surely more than one DJ or a fan of the mix will be happy to read this entry since today we are going to talk about the best alternative to raise our sessions to the highest level in our penguin distro. Mixxx, as they literally say on their official website “Integrates the tools that DJs need to make creative live mixes with digital music files, both as a new DJ with just a laptop or as an experienced DJ. Mixxx can support your style and mixing techniques.”Created by DJs and developers and supported by a large community, some of its most notable features. It has up to 4 decks for mixtures.
- It loops with both manual and programmable settings and support for many mixers and has Customizable skins.
- It can control of tempos, pitch, cue, crossfader.Effects and programmable samples.
- Modification of the interface file with the mixer (this offers the great advantage of being able to assign new functions in case they are not available in the standard file).
- Configurable music library, music drawers, and libraries. It can Waveform regulation, audio amplification output, bpm range and has an automatic synchronization of bpm.
- It has a master Equalizer and can do an integration with Itunes library and Tracktor. It helps in direct recording of the session and helps in the live audio broadcast.
Download Link: http://mixxx.org/
File Size: 111 MB
System Support: Windows, Linux, Macintosh operating systems
If you like this software then you may also like the best beat making tool for Windows PC.
Best Recording Software For Gaming
DarkWave Studio is a software dedicated to music. It is a program that can perform multitrack audio recording. We find everything necessary for a musical production. It is optimized for multi-core processors and is completely free. DarkWave Studio has the capacity to make multitrack recordings in real-time. This function is dependent on the sound card used and the number of inputs and outputs on it. It supports sound cards with ASIO drivers for minimum latency.
- It embeds a multitude of integrated plug-ins. We are entitled to fifteen, namely an arpeggiator, a mixer, a bass synthesizer, reverb and much more. Each plug-in is fully configurable and has a specific interface.
- It is compatible with virtual instruments and effects in VST / VSTi format. This possibility increases its potential, especially for those who are used to using a specific VST / VSTi program.
- The import of audio files in mp3, wave, FLAC, and other formats is possible. Recordings are made directly in wave to preserve the sound quality. This format also facilitates file editing for production or post-production work.
Download Link: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4944-darkwave-studio.html
File Size: 4.01 MB
System Support: Windows
Music lovers, you are served. This application, although free, does not have to be ashamed of paid CAD software. The software is extremely comprehensive. You will find everything you need there (editing tools, virtual effects, and instruments, track management) to create, organize, process, record, mix and even master your works. Obviously MuTools MuLab can be used for more basic uses (podcast recording or voice-over for example).
- Without being very complex, it offers a lot of possibilities, because the racks that make up the mixer can integrate many elements. The integrated audio editor is basic, but it is possible to use an external editor.
- Due to its modular routing of all mixer signals, it gains ultimate flexibility. Integrated world-class synths, samplers, and effects. MuSynth workhorse synth/sampler.
- There is a midi piano roll editor, the possibility of using vst instruments and effects, but also integrated plugins, including a modular synth that sounds good, a non-modular synth, a modular system called MUX allowing to produce effects with the card, a single sampler and a multi-layer sampler, a reverb and a stereo echo.
Download Link: https://www.mutools.com/mulab-product.html
File Size: 31.6 MB
System Support: Windows and macOS
If you tired of trying default windows movie maker that comes with Windows then you may try these cool alternatives to Windows movie maker which are free.
It is a simple, intuitive but at the same time a very powerful program that will make you have a professional audio track in a few seconds. To record, we can use both the built-in microphone of our laptop or an external microphone or any type of audio interface that allows a connection via USB. If we like music, it is interesting to note that with Recording Studio we can record our compositions directly thanks to its virtual instruments.
- It is fully compatible with a multi-touch keyboard, although we can also use a normal one and, of course, the mouse.
- Once our audio track is finished, we can easily export it in mp3, .wav and WMA formats.
- Recording Studio is presented in its simple version and its Pro version (for a fee) although both are useful and perfectly functional.
Download Link: https://recording-studio-pro.en.softonic.com/
Music lovers whose favorite hobby is to create songs or pieces of music with their computer will benefit from interesting possibilities with the Hydrogen software. Indeed, it is a music composition software whose use is very simple and which first of all has an interface comprising: a sequencer which will help you to choose the samples among the choice of sounds and to carry out the musical sequences a mixer with which you can mix the audio signals To use this software, you must first go to the “Sound Library” panel in order to choose the sound kit that will be used for the composition. This research will give you the opportunity to rediscover some instruments that have been talked about in the history of music.
Then, you will compose your sequence inside the gray panel which is on the left on the lower part of your screen. The sequencer at the top of the screen allows you to transfer the pattern to other measures by simply copying and pasting. In addition, the “Mode” button allows you to listen to your compositions as they progress. Then, you can rework all the varieties of sound recorded in the software database using the “instrument” tab.
Download Free Recording Studio Programs
- The Hydrogen software will allow you to recreate existing music pieces as well as to make your own compositions. It can work with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
- It will occupy 26 MB of memory. Most Very easy to add new samples Compatibility with a large number of controllers.
- Able to support a large number of formats Clear interface Ability to coordinate the operation of the Hydrogen software with the Ardor software, which makes it possible to add the sounds of a battery to the musical sequences Free download.
Download Link: http://hydrogen-music.org/
File Size: 22.1 MB
System Support: Linux, macOS, and Windows
MuseScore is a software for recording and editing music scores. It facilitates both the creation and the reading of these. The user has the choice between creating a partition from a pre-established model and initiating it. He must enter all the information relating to the score he wishes to create, such as the title and the composer. He then chooses the instruments to use and finally sets the tone and tempo. Numerous examples of ready-to-use partitions are made available to the user to help them in their businesses. He is allowed to create his own models if he wishes. A sample player is most often used to play on an electronic keyboard enjoying a highly realistic sound. This is made possible by the sampling technique, which consists of using – in general – several hundred sound files from the methodical recording of a real instrument, each file corresponding to note, a nuance, a sequence, a technique game. These files are called samples in the language of business, and a reader of samples is called a sampler.
- Many keyboard shortcuts have been established by the developer of this software to simplify its handlings such as directional keys and tabulation. It is, however, possible to carry out the actions manually using the mouse
- MuseScore also supports XML, MIDI, LyliPond and MuseData files for sharing renderings.
- This is an Open Source version. The bugs have been fixed. It incorporates several advanced and practical features. It supports PDF, PNG and SVG formats for printing and saving printouts.
- The number of sound files is often large, their use is facilitated by grouping them in a single file. Such a file is commonly called a virtual instrument. In this case, the LinuxSampler team focused on the GigaSampler file format because it is the most complete and it is used by many professional samplers on macOS and Windows.
Download Link: https://musescore.com/
File Size: 107 MB
System Support: Windows, macOS, and Linux
If you’ve just finished the scales for your big show, you’ve already finished your first set, or if you’re just preparing to open your window tonight to swing your best beats to everyone around you, take a few minutes to download orDrumbox, a free and open-source virtual drum machine for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux under the GPL2 license. You are also entitled to a sequencer to assemble your patterns, to a VA synth with two VCOs, frequency modulation (FM), an ADSR envelope and high-pass and low-pass filters, and you can import, create, modify and save your own rhythm kits in WAV format (orDrumbox can import all files from a .zip or from a complete folder with one click).
- orDrumbox uses Natural Language Processing to sort and “categorize” sounds and thus facilitate the choice to create coherent rhythms. Finally, you can import and export patterns and songs in MIDI and 24-bit / 44.1 kHz audio, the songs are saved and loaded in XML format (extension .orsg). orDrumbox can also be used in MIDI mode using the internal General MIDI kit,
- orDrumbox allows you to create complete songs by assembling patterns of 16 or 32 beats, these patterns comprising an unlimited number of “tracks”, each corresponding to a sound whose tone you can adjust to +/- 12 semitones, the volume, panorama, mutate, solo and mix. Some notes can be used as loop points (anywhere in the pattern) independently in each track, allowing you to create polyrhythms.
- orDrumbox also includes an automatic composer and arpeggiator based on artificial intelligence, add melodic scales and semi-random notes and orDrumbox is responsible for creating melodic and rhythmic patterns.
Download Link: https://www.ordrumbox.com/
File Size: 49.9 MB
System Support: Windows, macOS, and Linux
GarageBand allows users to record and create music in a multi-track audio environment. It also helps create and listen to podcasts. It is tailor-made with ease of use in mind, and has the motto of “For musicians: No experience is needed.” Well, this software has quite similar to the professional Logic Pro music suite. But it must also be noted that its features are limited compared to its Logic Pro counterparts.
- It allows you to record your own songs and instruments. It has a multi-track music sequencer that allows you to record multiple audio channels in a single song.
- This software includes a series of preset technologies that emulate various amplifiers and recording methods. In addition to offering real instrument recording capabilities.
- GarageBand also has a large number of integrated software instruments. These software instruments can be controlled using the keyboard or using a MIDI keyboard that is connected to your computer.
- Software instruments include synthesizers, pianos, guitars and choral sounds that respond to the piano keys you play. Like recording real instruments, you can then execute these effects on software instruments to make them sound more like their real counterparts.
Best Recording Software For Youtube
Download Link: hhttps://garagebandforpc.org/
File Size: 56 MB
System Support: Windows and macOS
Best Recording Software For Youtube
Linuxsampler has an operation that can confuse people arriving in the Linux universe. It is built on the client/server architecture that is frequently found in this universe. LinuxSampler as such is difficult for the user to use. It’s a server and it’s sort of invisible. Its operation involves the use of a client, which then provides an interface to the software. The customer can adjust various settings of the server, telling it which among another virtual instrument it needs to load. The server does the most important: it plays the samples. The main customers are linuxsamplerJSampler and QSampler.
- A sampler is controlled using a MIDI master keyboard, on which the user plays a song. However, Linux, linuxsampler cannot order directly with such a keyboard.
- The use of JACK is essential. Jack is then used to establish a virtual connection between the MIDI keyboard and linuxsampler. This requirement may seem complicated to use linuxsampler but allows flexibility in return.
- Indeed, it is possible, thanks to Jack, ordering linuxsampler not only with a MIDI keyboard but also with any software, such as Rosegarden. An extremely realistic sound is then obtained when playing simple MIDI files.
Best Recording Software For Pc Free Download
Download Link: https://www.linuxsampler.org/
System Support: Linux and macOS