Now, for audacity to be able to convert an mp4 file, which is a video file to mp3, or any other audio file that is available for export, then you need to add the FFmpeg library in Audacity. Then how do you do that. You need to come to the Edit section on Windows and go to preferences. If you’re on a Mac, it’s under the File tab here. An Optional Way to Open MP4 in Audacity – Convert MP4 to MP3 You can also use a video converter to convert MP4 to MP3 in advance, and import the MP3 file in Audacity and edit it. This method doesn't only apply to Audacity MP4 files, but also to any other common and rare video audio files. Merge MP3 in Joyoshare Audio Joiner. Joyoshare Audio Joiner has an edge over Audacity in that both cutting and merging files can be completed in the same window in a much easier fashion. Moreover, it supports a wide range of audio and video format. Examples are but not limited to MP3, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, CAF, AIFF, FLAC, WAV, M4R, AU, ALAC, MKA, and APE.
Jul 15,2019 • Filed to: Record Audio • Proven solutions
Audacity cannot convert MP4 files into MP3, but you should install FFmpeg for Audacity, then you can import MP4 videos into Audacity, and then convert MP4 into MP3. Is M4A same as MP4? M4A is the file compression solely of audio while MP4 is the media container that can hold video, audio, subtitle and images. AUP files are used by the Audacity program to save edited audio files. MP3 (MPEG Layer 3 Audio) A MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III files (file extension name: MP3) is the standard audio storage file type. Most music players (and smart phones) play music using MP3 files.
Can Audacity convert MP4 to MP3 ? How to do it ? Audacity could create an output file in mp3. In this article, we will introduce the tutorial to convert MP4 to MP3 by Audacity . Besides, we will also show you the easiest way to convert MP4 videos to MP3.
Audacity Convert Mp4 To Mp3
Audacity allows you to convert MP4 videos files to MP3 audio format easily. The following is what you will need to do.
1. First, open the Audacity MP4 video file that you would like to convert. You can do this by double clicking on the video file, or by right clicking on it, and then choose 'Open With' to select a media player that you would like to open with.
2. When the MP4 video file starts playing, click 'Pause' immediately to pause it. Then rewind it to the beginning so as to make sure that no information is left out.
3. After that, open Audacity, and then look for the Record button and then click on it.
4. After clicking the Record button in Audacity, go back to the media player that you opened the file with, and then click 'Play'. As the video plays, Audacity will be recording the audio information from it.
5. Wait until the MP4 video file finishes playing, and then close the media player.
6. After that, go back to Audacity and then click 'Stop'.
7. And then you will go to File in Audacity, and then choose 'Export as MP3'.
8. In the window that will come up, give the audio file a name, and then click Export. You can trace the location of the MP3 audio file created on your computer to play it.
Part 2. The Simplest Way to Convert MP4 Videos to MP3
In case converting MP4 to MP3 with Audacity seems complex or confusing, you do not have to worry because there is a simplest way to go about it. iMusic will be a great alternative if you want to record an MP4 video to MP3.
Convert MP4 to MP3 with iMusic
Not only is this application great for converting MP4 video files to MP3, but also for recording unlimited music from sites such as YouTube, Spotify, Rhapsody, iTunes Radio, AOL Music, just to mention but a few. It continuously records playing music and splits tracks automatically in case you would like to separate music tracks. You can also use this application to burn the recorded music to CD with absolute ease.
iMusic - Best Audacity Alternative to Record Audio with Original Quality
- Download music from more than 3000 music sites by copying and pasting the URL.
- Record unlimited music from any website for playback in your computer with just one click.
- Built-in music library let you browse and preview the lattest and hottest music.
- Automatically save downloaded/recorded music to library for management and easy transfer.
- Identify and tag music with artist, title, album, genre, and more with the latest technology.
- Transfer downloaded music from iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android to iTunes/Windows/Mac/iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android easily.
- 1 click to burn music to CDs with original quality.
Can Audacity Turn Mp4 To Mp3
This application has lots of amazing features that make it the perfect choice for recording music as well as converting MP4 videos to MP3. The following are some of these features.
- It filters out ads between tracks automatically. You do not need to worry about advertisements that pop up when you are recoding music online because this application will filter them out.
- It has an integrated media player that allows you to play the recorded music with ease. You will not need to install another media player on your computer to play the recorded music.
- It allows you to transfer the recorded music to iTunes with absolute ease. It has an 'Add to iTunes' button that enables you to add the music to iTunes library or playlist directly.
- It records music with 100 percent original quality. This is made possible by a virtual sound card that is used to capture the audio.
Steps to Record MP4 Video to MP3
To be able to convert your MP4 video files to MP3 format on your Mac PC using this application, the following is what you will need to do.
Step 1. Download and install iMusic. After the installation has finished successfully, you will need to load the program, and then click on the 'GET MUSIC' > 'Record'. Next, click the red record button. Look for the MP4 video file that you would like to convert, and then open it in your favorite media player. Once the MP4 video starts playing, the application will detect its audio and then start to record automatically.
Step 2. When you have recorded a song and want to check the audio quality, just go to the Library by clicking the Library button on top and double click any file to play it. You can also find the audio file you want to play through the Cover Flow, and then double click on the artwork image to play it.